Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

+2
Princess
sarah
6 posters

Q4 - whats it mean?

sarah
    sarah

Antal inlägg : 892

Q4 - whats it mean? Empty Q4 - whats it mean?

Inlägg av sarah fre okt 22, 2010 9:53 pm

And do they mean ethnic in the first line, or really ethic as they have written?
    Princess
    Princess
    ♥♥♥♥♥Princess Admin♥♥♥♥♥
    ♥♥♥♥♥Princess Admin♥♥♥♥♥

Antal inlägg : 2804

Q4 - whats it mean? Empty Sv: Q4 - whats it mean?

Inlägg av Princess fre okt 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Guessing its loosly based in seminar 3, somewhat along those lines anyways.
    sixten
    sixten
    Hans Kakor Är Respektingivande

Antal inlägg : 485

Inlägg av sixten fre okt 22, 2010 10:56 pm

sarah skrev:And do they mean ethnic in the first line, or really ethic as they have written?
    Yes.
    They actually wrote "Diskutera olika etiska aspekter och maktstrukturer, bland annat genus och etnicitet..."
    Anaka
    Anaka
    Awesome
    Awesome

Antal inlägg : 1946

Inlägg av Anaka lör okt 23, 2010 7:30 am

sixten skrev:
    sarah skrev:And do they mean ethnic in the first line, or really ethic as they have written?
    Yes.
    They actually wrote "Diskutera olika etiska aspekter och maktstrukturer, bland annat genus och etnicitet..."
    Vadå ja? Very Happy
    Men jag tolkar det likadant, att det ska vara som det står. Märkligt formulerad fråga nu när jag tänker på det.
    sarah
    sarah

Inlägg av sarah lör okt 23, 2010 9:05 am

Ahhh ive figured out why i was confused.

I read it as gender and ethnicity being examples of BOTH power structures and ethical aspects, but what they mean is:

Discuss different power structures, amongst others genus and ethnicity, and ethical aspects in games...

So they want things like grief play, i think.

But any idea what other power structures there are? Or what they mean by power structures?
    bordy
    bordy
    Ölväktare

Antal inlägg : 1466

Inlägg av bordy lör okt 23, 2010 11:43 am

sarah skrev:Ahhh ive figured out why i was confused.

I read it as gender and ethnicity being examples of BOTH power structures and ethical aspects, but what they mean is:

Discuss different power structures, amongst others genus and ethnicity, and ethical aspects in games...

So they want things like grief play, i think.

But any idea what other power structures there are? Or what they mean by power structures?
    I think they also wants to talk to us about the sort of "mmorpgs are like the mafia"-stuff they crammed down our throats (I'm not saying it's wrong though, I'm not stupid enough to oppose the Guild-Father)
    sarah
    sarah

Inlägg av sarah lör okt 23, 2010 2:44 pm

i realise in my above post that my second interpretation doesnt make sense either.

now i suspect its best to ignore the "blant annat" part of the question, and just talk about ethics, power structures, gender and ethnicity.

power structures is still a bit of a miss though... its true, magnus, in that article there is discussion of "powerful social structures" but that doesn't actually mean the same thing as "power structures". or if thats what they mean, they really need to say so, because they cant just throw in random terminology that they have not used before into a question like that.

edit: can anyone rewrite the question so that it makes sense?
    bordy
    bordy
    Ölväktare

Antal inlägg : 1466

Inlägg av bordy lör okt 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Sarah. Which course do you think this is?
    A competent examiners one?
    I think they'd really just throw in random terminology, I mean, THEY USE WIKIPEDIA AS A SOURCE!
    ... I really HOPE I'm wrong, though.
    coraldomino
    coraldomino
    Mod (Kreativt skapande)

Antal inlägg : 719

Inlägg av coraldomino lör okt 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Maktstrukturer kan även vara sådana som berör folk utanför spelet och inte nödvändigtvis den faktiska makterna som finns i MMORPG såsom guilds etc. Exempelvis så kan ett spel upprätthålla en mansdominerande hegemoni genom att skapa karaktärer där mannen är protagonisten och kvinnan behöver räddas, eller så kan hegemonin beröra något annat såsom en etnisk hegemoni som exempelvis kan handla om att den vita mannen privilegieras och idealiseras medan andra etniciteter förminskas, stereotypiseras eller liknande. En maktstruktur är ju en konstruktion som upprätthålls av samhället i sig, och det är för det mesta de som inkluderas i hegemonin som också vill se att den upprätthålls och därmed reproducerar den. Det är iaf så jag uppfattar att man ska diskutera kring frågan ^^

Sponsored content

Inlägg av Sponsored content

Aktuell tid och datum: fre apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm